Advantages of flexible versus rigid packaging
1. Functional packaging and easy pouring.
2. Pouches are easy to open and do not require any tools.
3. Added value options: spouts and creative shapes.
4. Minimal packaging material per volume contents.
5. Reduced storage space required for raw material.
6. All surfaces available for direct multicoloured printing
7. Several film combinations can be used to gain the desired protection: with or without aluminium.
- The pouches without an aluminium layer can be heated in the microwave.
- The pouches without an aluminium layer allow the customer to see the product.
- The pouches without an aluminium layer can go through metal detectors
- It is possible to control possible contamination in the upper seal of the pouch. The control process may be automated in order to avoid future problems such as leakage, contamination of the product or the product bursting into the autoclave.
8. Different film layer combinations possible to achieve required product protection.
9. Minimum space required when pack is empty.
10. Food packed in flexible pouches requires less cooking time, thus the quality of the product and the vitamins are not destroyed by overcooking.
11. The format change in the machine only requires a small set of change-over parts.